24 April 2012

Decorate

 
Salam peeps! Just a simple entry today. I’m going to tell you of a song that I listen to on daily basis. Just sharing some of my favourite songs. =)
I started listening to Yuna earlier this year when I leeched the whole album out of one of my friends’ external harddrive. To be frank, dalam album Decorate, ada satu je lagu yang saya pernah dengar, which is Penakut. Itupun sebab kontroversi lagu Penakut masa AIM tahun lepas. I was never a great fan of Yuna, sebab I thought she was just another Norah Jones. Boy, was I wrong?
First time dengar the full album, I instantly fell in love. The album offers a different side of contemporary music, which is greatly enhanced by Yuna’s captivating ability to tell stories full heartedly and with honest, simple truth. The lyrics are meaningful, both heartbreaking and soothing at the same time, though composed from uncomplicated words.
And the first number that really grabbed me by heart was These Streets. Lepas tu after kept replaying the album, I realised that there were many other songs worth mentioning; in fact, a huge proportion of the songs in the album are very good. Random Awesome, Super Something, Penakut, Cinta Sempurna. And one song yang membuatkan saya termenung after listening is Decorate, which is also the name of the album.
Decorate is a song about somebody who had a love-hate relationship with his/her lover. Point in case, the lover didn’t want her (in this case it’s a her since I’m referring from Yuna’s point of view) anymore, but she was deeply missing him. The lover already had another girl, which is a thing that Yuna addressed by asking him if the girl knew where he comes from.
She had all this turmoil; missing her lover, wanting him back, but knowing she couldn’t have him. Out of frustration, she deleted the lover’s number that she remembered by heart. And she made excuses to hate her lover even more, like hating the fact that her lover did never call, though she knew she would never totally hate him. All the drama almost made her move out of town since he didn’t want to see her anymore, but she stayed anyway just in case he wants to see her again.
She hates the fact that the guy left his things at her house as if she had all the space, but all the hatred is cancelled out when she said she would never mind anything that her lover had done to her, as long as he comes back when he thinks it’s time.
The song then ended with the chorus, telling how torn apart she is of which there is a dramatic turn of the song’s emotions and tune. The fact that she’s feeling both two contrary feelings inside; (all black and white) is what people could relate to, following a heartbreak. And she was feeling monotonous from left to right, the same way we would feel numb and indifferent once we don’t know what to do in case of a separation.
And the final phrase of the song, she ended sweetly by telling him that she decorated her house with things that he loves, just in case he shows up. And she told him twice, signifying that she really wanted him to come over. The song is just 1:32 minutes long, which is quite short for a great song. It leaves you with this incomplete sense of satisfaction, wanting for more. The sweet melody of the song tells you that she had already forgave him, but in truth, she hurtfully is missing him.

So you decided to see me out of the blue
Should I let you come over
I think you’re doing fine
That girl in your arms
Does she know where you come from
Almost made me move out of town
You don’t want me to be around
But I stayed anyway
Just in case
Finding reasons to hate you more than before
Like how you said you would call
But never at all
Got rid of your number that I know by heart
You left your things at my place
As if I have all the space
Cause you know I don’t mind
Just come back when you think it’s time
I’m all black and white inside
Monotonous from left to right
I decorate my house with things you love
Just in case you show up
In case you show up



That’s all for today. Thanks for reading.. =)
LiveJournal Tags: ,









No comments:
Write curses

Hey, we've just launched a new custom color Blogger template. You'll like it - https://t.co/quGl87I2PZ
Join Our Newsletter